This book is an easy to read guide to growing roses for everyday gardeners and experts alike and covers temperate, cold, subtropical and tropical climates.
By the author Paul Hains, who also wrote 'Growing Roses in Subtroprical Climates'. At the time of printing Paul is Vice President of the World Federation of Rose Societies, President of the National Rose Society of Australia, and President of the Queensland Rose Society. This book encapsulates the knowledge of rose society members worldwide to provide sound advice for home gardeners.
This thorough but simple guide for all garden types includes information on:
- Selecting the best roses for your climate
- Controlling pests and diseases
- Planting, transplanting and fertilising
- How and when to prune roses
- Garden layout and design
- Organic rose growing
- Rose breeding & propagation